The mineworkers or the construction workers often have to work in dark surrounding and they require hands-free lights to finish their tasks in time without losing their sights. They need to focus on the pieces of machinery ahead and a portable light attached to their helmet does this job. This portable hands-free light attached to the hard hat is called the hard hat light.
What is a Hard Hat Light?
Light for a hard hat is a bright spotlight that is attached to a hard hat or working helmet on your head. Its headlamp attached on top of your head using a strap. We have seen mining engineers and workers with hard hat lights on their heads. Mineworkers, industrial workers, and construction workers use hard hat lights to work smoothly in a darker environment.
Light for a hard hat is rechargeable that can illuminate the darker workplace for hours so that engineers and workers can visualize and run heavy-duty electrical machinery without mistakes. The bright light from the head projects on the exact area you walk toward and illuminates so that you can see and proceed.
How Hard Hat Light Does it Work?
Hard hat lights are rechargeable lights that usually provide backup for hours. After fully charged the light can be fixed in front of the hard hat wrapping around with straps. When turning on, it will light the area you are going toward and working.
Usually, it works straight according to the direction you set it up but there are designs also that allow enlightening 360 degrees around the wearer. As its fixed right on top of your forehead, whichever direction you look at the light goes there accordingly. Some hard hat light can cover a longer distance and wider area so that you can walk or work in a vast range that helps to pre-plan the next step of work. Nowadays hard hat lights can be controlled in brightness so that you can adjust the light according to the light coverage of the area. It also helps to work with others in coordinating the brightness level.
Hard Hat Lights Types
There are several uses of lights for a hard hats. In different cases, professionals require different configurations according to their job types. That’s why there are various types of hard hat lights in the marketplaces to meet the demands.
- You will find many of the lamps attached to hard hats built-in. These lamps are here to lessen your maintenance hassles. They come in a combined built-in set where you will have to just adjust the lamp direction. These had hat lamps that don’t have many menu settings to adjust that might bother you.
- Most of the brands available in the marketplace offer removable batteries which are important for an extended period of service. The battery is attached to the strap and can be replaced with a new one easily when finished. If you carry fully charged spare batteries with you then you can work for a longer time and finish the assignment in a breath.
- Some brands come with built-in batteries. It might make you confused but the compact design has benefits also. You will have to grab it fully charged and then wear it to the location. But if you think about the charge again after long use, then the USB charging facilities are available to work on the go. If you have a power bank with you then the USB port will let you recharge immediately.
Why You Wear a Hard Hat Light?
Light for a hard hat is not just a style for engineers and workers it’s rather a working tool if you are involved in mining or heavy-duty machine operations. This light and tool are mandatory to wear in many circumstances.
- Hard hat lamp keeps your hands free and lets you work and finish the main task with full force because you don’t need to hold the light while working in dark.
- While working on machines we have to keep some tools and accessories with us. But holding an additional necessary lamp with hands may disturb the task reducing the efficiency and costing extra valuable time. Here hard hat light plays an intelligent role letting you work assisting as an extra hand.
- Since hard hat light works on batteries, you will have a time frame of its output. Suppose you are mining with the help of electricity-powered light which can turn to blackout anytime for mechanical failure. So depending on your headlamp will keep you safe and advanced.
- Your hard hat light can help your colleagues providing them lightly if you wear a bright LED that covers 360 degrees.
The 10 Best Light For Hard Hat
We will introduce with the best light for a hard hat with you, scroll down to find out the best one.
1. QS Rechargeable Headlamp, Hard Hat Light
This LED headlamp comes with lots of features that make this hard hat special. It includes a micro USB charging cable with 2 rechargeable Lithium batteries, those last for seven hours. It is capable to supply high power smoothly. If you are looking for a light for a hard hat than this waterproof rechargeable headlamp will be the best option for you.
Those are perfect for outdoor sports or campaign, fishing, hunting, biking, tactical use or more. The four lighting modes of the headlamp can be set to high, low, strobe, and SOS. The high setting deliver powerful output, this headlight will never let you down. It comes with waterproof battery cover and rear indicator light, this indicator light will help you for biking.
This headlamp for hard hat is completely waterproof. This extreme LED headlamp can be used as flashlight, hard hat light, they can help you to provide a decent amount of light in your every move. Recharging is very easy with the USB cable and you will find a green light signal when it is fully charged.
2. Milwaukee 2111-21 475-Lumen LED Rechargeable Hard Hat Headlamp
Milwaukee Lumen LED Rechargeable Hard Hat can be extremely helpful by giving high output with 475 Lumens, which is capable of all-day run time, it can deliver enough brightness for your job site and other tasks. It comes with slip-resistant straps and clip, body and lens allow it to work in a tough environment.
There are five different modes with beam coverage, flood, spot, and up to 31 hours runtime. The battery can be recharged with Micro USB, it allows you to work you in a various work environment. It is extremely bright, you can focus on the correct area.
This hard hat is powered by REDLITHIUM USB that delivers 475 Lumens and capable of all-day run-time. Even it comes with the charger cable along with strap and clip. If you are looking for real hard light than it can a great choice for you. Furthermore, it is water, dust, and drop resistant.
3. DEWALT Headlamp for Jobsite, 200 Lumen (DWHT81424)
Whether you are working in any construction site, or engineer, or plumber this headlamp will help you a lot. This headlamp is USB chargeable, 104 Lumens of brightness. It can give a narrow light without shadow. This headlamp can be a great choice for you when you work in variety on projects.
This is specially designed for outdoor events, campaign, hunting and many more and do not to need to worry about its charging, it can give you long hours support. The 104 Lumens make the work easier to see your work tool properly even the darkest place, this waterproof rechargeable headlamp is really helpful for you.
Anti-slip straps with a silicon film inside of straps, that keep you a secure and comfortable fit, you will feel safe and sound with this headlamp. This headlamp has a high and low setting option, which is more useful while working and allows you for more runtime.
4. Streamlight 61702 Bandit
Stream light is one of the best light in the market with lots of features. It gives high brightness with a comfortable fit. It comes with USB rechargeable which 180 Lumens of light, which is pretty helpful in a hazardous environment with optimal safety, comfort, and fit. The good thing is, you will get a lightweight, low profile, and widespread headlamp.
It features a large button that is helpful for easy actuation, diffused light with less shadow, weather-resistant, a lithium rechargeable battery, and a rubber plug. It is more than bright enough and keeps your hands free.
It comes with a head strap and an output of a decent amount of light. Some great things you will find such as lightweight, durable, and versatile. The two brightness setting is really helpful and a rubber plug keeps away the dirt also include a hat clip adaptor.
5. GearLight LED Headlamp Flashlight S1000– Powerful Broadbeam Camping and Outdoor Headlamps
This headlamp is well built with some exclusive features. The ultra-wide beam illuminates vastly and useful for a campaign, hunting, or late night work. It includes 3 AAA batteries with a super bright headlamp setup. There are four different modes, which is focusable in any direction for a couple of hours. The four useful settings can help to focus by wide to narrow.
This headlamp is able to last a full working shift, suitable for a campaign, hiking, fishing, and all types of outdoor move. It is included a soft and stretchy headband, which ensures a perfect and comfortable fit. The hardhat clip is attached to ensure that the light will stay in position.
Buy without any confusion, it is totally water-resistant and made of high-quality materials and allow it to work for extreme condition. The headlamp is convenient, small, and portable. You will love the SOS and flash function for signaling.
6. Klein Tools 56034 Head Lamp
Klein Tool’s headlamp will give you all-day bright light, for recharging from headlamp is very easy, no need to remove the straps just slide the lamp out. The LED light will indicate how much battery you have. There is an exclusive feature named auto-sensing technology which can turn off the bright light after three minutes for saving the battery.
Do not worry about the battery life, LED light will indicate about the battery life. You can recharge via a micro USB port. It is extremely helpful because you will find it water and dust resistant, even drop test rating of 10 feet. You will get a 64-degree lighting angle, a headlamp bracket, silicon straps all things make this durable headlamp excellent.
This durable and long-lasting headlamp will give you a perfect fit, it is very handy, waterproof, rechargeable via USB, well-constructed and last for all day. The indicator is easy to read and helpful for long time work.
7. Streamlight 61601 Double Clutch USB Rechargeable Headlamp
Streamlight is designed to have a good a comfortable fit, water-resistant, built for hands-free versatility for various job. It comes with standard hard hat clips, and able to deliver for long hours. It is very helpful in the darkest place with AAA batteries for back up powers. You can shift easily from spot to floodlight.
You can clearly see your work station and tools with high and low beams and the clip keep the light in the right place. You can use the new innovative functional face cap, and the double-clutch USB gives the hands-free beam and help to reduce potential accidents. This rechargeable headlamp features two adjustable settings with Anti-Roll Face cap and removal pocket clip.
The “Duel Fuel” technology operates the light, offers spot and flood beam, lithium Polymer battery charges inside, and can be used for disposal power. This headlamp is specially designed for maximizing run time.
8. ThorFire Cap Hat Light 5-LED Headlamp
Thorfire Cap Hat Light is the latest alternative type of headlamp, you can use it as a spotlight. The 5 super bright LED bulbs will illuminate the darkness with a 90-degree ratable head. It provides the option of powering it up. The clip light put out a maximum of 30 Lumens and capable to run over a day. This is highly recommended for any dark area.
Totally weightless, you do not worry about the weight when clipping onto your hat. It is powered by button batteries that work up to 24 hours and more. The one-click power button is helpful for easy on and off. 90 degree ratable head provides you clear vision and allows you to find your tools easily.
This headlight is designed for any type of outdoor work as hiking, campaign, walking, and more. The top mount design is helpful to attach to the edge of your ball cap. It is inexpensive, you will be happy with the light and price.
9. Energizer High-Powered LED Headlamp Flashlights
This LED headlamp illuminates darkness up to 85 meters with 360 Lumens, it is a trusted brand for reliable performance in extreme situations. This is specially designed for hiking, cycling, walking, hunting, campaign, and much more. This headlamp runs three batteries and those are included with a headlamp.
This headlamp is durable and long-lasting, and effective up to 50 hours in low mode. There are seven light modes, you can choose the mode, depends on your choice which light you need. The different settings offer different light and extreme working in dark conditions.
This is truly the best headlamp with perfect battery life and there is no tension in case of power outages, the versatile mode is helpful for optimal lighting in any tough situation. It is well constructed with 1 meter drop test and shatterproof lens and waterproof body.
10. LED Headlamp LETOUR 1800 Lumen Rechargeable Headlamp by LETOUR
LETOUR is one of the best brand, this headlamp uses the module of light source, durable and stable. It comes with 120 degree angle with 1800 Lumen with reliable hands free LED light. You can press the button to switch the lighting option from low to high brightness to brighten up your environment.
This flashlight is best for a campaign, hiking, cycling, and other outdoor activities. The zoom option of a flashlight is the best for night working when you need accurate light. LETOUR can be used in rainy days also with a waterproof body, the silicon cover and leakage-resistant waterproof wiring make this headlamp functional.
It features with a big battery container, you need to install 3 batteries for extended working time. It is always comfortable and suitable for any situation. A large capacity case is perfect gift for you.
Key Consideration Before Buying A Light For Hard Hat
As lights for hard hats are really important tools in the workplace like deep mine, construction and heavy-duty industries, you should keep some facts in mind while ordering yourself though it’s not that expensive.
- Brightness– You require to get enough assistance from the light while working in a dark environment. Here brightness level should be checked according to your need. The lumens indicated in the packaging is the amount the LED projects. Most of the lights in the market can be as bright as 1,000 lumens, but you can order for higher or lower lumens according to your necessity.
- Customizable Intensity/Lighting Modes – Having an adjustable LED light option is another advantage because it allows you to select the intensity or brightness level of the light accordingly. Sometimes you can extend the battery life keeping the brightness level lower. Some headlamps allow us to change the projection area of the light. You can change the mood from long and straight projection (let you see the details of a small area) to wide-area projection (let you and others see the ambient or surrounding).
- Battery-The most important feature to be considered in light for a hard hat is its battery longevity. It should serve continuously as long as a standard battery does. Experts suggest buying hard hat lamp batteries that last up to 50,000 hours continuously. But it depends on how intensely you need it in your work. Another thing to consider is the balance between the light lumen and Li-ion battery. Brightest lumens of the light with the lowest battery life doesn’t make any sense. So make sure that there is a balanced ratio between the lumens and adjustable battery life accordingly.
- Weatherproof-We suggests you buy waterproof light for a hard hat because you may need to work in the wet surrounding or rainy weather. In that situation, you can concentrate on your job while the light still assists you. Weatherproof light for the hard hat has the added features which can keep you advanced from others. These lights are resistant can rescue you from any adverse situation like dust, fog, or heavy rainfall. There is a resistant level called IP (ingress projection) mentioned in every light which indicates how resistant the light is.
- The mount and straps should be stable. Nobody wants to take risk of losing the stability of the hard hat and the light. Everything should be tightened properly. Another handy feature you should consider to have is the pivoting mount. It helps you to tilt and move the light up or down as you want.
Care and Maintenance
A hard hat battery is an electrical device that needs to be maintained properly. There are two types of care you need to keep in mind.
- Care during active work
- Care during longer storage
One of the important maintenances is to keep the battery recharged properly. First thing is to recharge immediately after unboxing the package. Keep charging for around three to four hours until fully recharged. Try to avoid scratching the lens or glass while working, otherwise the light coming out might be distracted. Make sure the lamp, straps and hard hat are attached and tightened to each other properly so that you will not have to be bothered about the accidental attachment failure.
If you work in a humid or wet environment then consider keeping your lamp dry. When you are finished with your work keep the batteries out immediately and let them dry.
If you don’t need your hard hat lamp to use for a longer period then store them safely while keeping the batteries removed. Try to keep the lamp inside a softbox. Beware of the accidental battery acid leak, it might cause serious damage.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
How do you attach a headlamp to a hard hat?
The hard hat light or headlamp kit is kept unassembled when you buy it. After unboxing first you have to recharge the battery. Make sure the battery is charged fully. Usually, the lamp stays attached with the straps or you can easily assemble at home. Then wrap the strap around the hard hat. It should fit the perimeter of the hat. Now it’s time to adjust the position and direction of the main light. It should point at the front and straight so that you can visualize the subject whenever your eyes look at it. The light and your eyes move together automatically. For that, you have to aim the light direction according to your eye level. Don’t tilt too up or too down, it might interrupt your work instead of supporting.
Some Hard hat light models allow you to adjust the brightness. You can adjust it to a sufficient amount according to your requirement of illumination.
What is the brightest headlamp on the market?
There are many brands in the marketplaces with various designs and models. You should focus on brightness, light mode and battery capacity. Brightness is the first feature to check. Picking the right headlamp is critical. We have prepared a selection of Lights for hard hats, those are extremely bright, and you will be able to illuminate the darkest place. Milwaukee, Streamlight, GearLight, Klein Tools are considered to be the brightest headlamp in the market. You can check them if you are looking for the brightest Light for a hard hat with some specific features.
Where to buy a high-quality hard hat light?
Hard hat lights are found in the market especially in the hardware stores but you may need to compare varieties of models to get the perfect one for you. In that case, an online marketplace like Amazon is the most convenient place to buy whatever, whichever, and whenever you want it. You may have your own choice according to your types of work, budget, size, design choice, duration of work. Amazon has a plethora of designs and models, some of them we have already mentioned above.
How many lumens do I need for night running?
If you are familiar with watts which is the intensity of light then the Lumen is not difficult to understand as hat lights are measured in lumen. Many lumens refer to more brightness in a headlamp. The headlamp of around 50 lumens is adequate for night running in the streets. But if you want to run through a darker place like deep in the park then you should double the lumens which could be 100 plus lumens.
How long does it take to recharge?
It depends on the size of the battery. If a light for hard hat illuminates for a much longer time, then the battery capacity is higher you can say. In that case, the battery might take a longer time to charge fully. Usually, the battery of a headlamp takes around three to four hours (3/4 hours) to complete the charge if the energy is equivalent to three AA (3 AA) batteries.
Some hard hat lights have removable batteries and in that case, you can carry along an extra set of fully charged batteries with you to get extended support for a longer period. Another option you can consider to ease the fumbling hassle is to carry the power bank to charge the existing battery.
Are hard hat lights/ headlamps waterproof?
It’s not that all hard hat lights or headlamps are waterproof but many of them found in the marketplaces are waterproof. Those are used mainly for underwater explorations. Mineworkers or construction workers usually need to work in an area where heavy use of water is part of the plan. In that case, they use waterproof hard hat lights. But you need to ask specifically for waterproof headlamps mentioning your job type. They having grading and rating which mention the type of use and characteristics. The IP rating number labeled indicates the level of waterproof. The higher number refers to a high-quality waterproof service.
Are bright LED headlights legal?
There are some limitations to the use of LED headlight in some countries or regions because they might cause danger as lasers. The bright LED light can distract drivers running at high speed and lead to unavoidable accidents. It is a matter of law. You should check the local regulations before going out to wear bright headlights. It may legal in one place and opposite in others. There many changes of law for LED headlight.
Despite the hazardous workplace, your work is safe and bright with lighting facilities but engineers and experts suggest headlamp because it keeps the workers safe, keeps the hands free, and enhances performance. Underground or mine workers, electrical workers, construction workers, trail runners, night runners even underwater expeditors need hard hat light while doing their job.
You are maybe one of them for whom we have tried to present the detailed configuration and classification of lights for a hard hat. We mentioned some of the best brands and models suitable for you and also the marketplace links are given accordingly. Considering all the issues, facts, pros, and cons you can buy one of them mentioned above.