Hard hat liners for winter are so essential when it comes to protecting you from on-site possible injuries and adding comfort to your helmet. These liners are normally placed inside a hard hat to fit comfortably in your head, insulate you from cold as it helps the body to retain its warmth. Let’s cover a number of best hard hat liners for winter that are worth investing in.
8 Best Hard Hat Liners Review For Winter
1. Milwaukee 422B Workskin Mid-weight Cold Weather Hardhat Liner
Branded by the great Milwaukee, this liner is super effective in handling extremely cold conditions. It is made of effective wicking materials that take away excessive moisture from the body thus eliminating freezing and dampness.
In addition, it’s the fabric is strong, durable, and resistant to wear and tear. This makes it high resistance to pilling thus insulating your body effectively from cold.
The latter also has a perfect fitting that covers both your head and ears from cold. It is also exquisite in design thus versatile and suitable to wear on any occasion even without your hard hat on.
- It has a perfect fitting.
- Made of strong, durable and warm fabrics.
- Versatile in design in that it can fit in several occasions.
- Complains that it is quite small to fit in big heads.
2. Forney 55834 Winter Liner for Hardhat
The latter is also ideal for winter in that it is made of warm cotton materials that provide optimal warmth to your head and ears. The fabric is also flame resistant, easy to wash and dry.
In addition, it has chinstraps and loops to perfectly fit and hold it in place. It is light in weight weighing only 3.2 ounces and has soft inlining for maximum comfort.
- Made of strong, durable, soft and warm cotton materials.
- It comes with three months warranty against any manufacturer defect.
- It is cheap and easy to acquire.
- It is only available in only one color; dark blue.
Also Read: Ten Best Lightweight Hard Hat For Highest Protection & Comfort
3. Winter Hard Hat Liner
Keeping up with winter’s extreme conditions can be quite hard. Thanks to this latter, this won’t be an issue for you anymore. To begin with, it has a two-layered thermal liner that exhibits a long enough shoulder-length height. This sort of design provides you with more warmth as it covers other areas including the ears and neck. On top of that, its 100%polyester fleece lining ensures that the liner is warmer. This material also boasts of a very lightweight nature thus super comfortable on your head.
Whether you have an exceptionally big or small head size, this liner will still fit you very well. This is because it comes with an elastic fit that gathers at the forehead. This helps to close the gap between the liner and the forehead, hence maintaining more warmth. Four straps are also included outside to help attach to the helmet or hard hat. The outer shell of the liner is made from 40% cotton and 60% modacrylic fire-resistant fabric. Also, it goes for a very affordable price (as low as 7$).
- It is very comfortable thanks to its light nature.
- Has an elastic gather at the front for more warmth.
- Has an excellent length that provides warmth up to the neck.
- It comes with a removable face mask.
- Has a good quality for price.
- It has only two layers thus it’s not as warm.
4. Safety Works 10062497 Winter Hard Hat Liner
If you are looking for both an economically friendly and productive winter liner, this latter will absolutely provide a suitable option for you. With only 7$, you are guaranteed of getting the latter on sites such as Amazon. Additionally, it comes with a single universal size that is very comfortable on your head.
For extra warmth, the above winter liner comes with a soft two-ply liner that is very tender on your skin. It also boasts flame-resistant shell material that guarantees your safety. Amazingly, there’s an adjustable hook and loop chin strap inscribed on the latter for better adjustment.
- Has an adjustable hook and loop chin strap that allows for under the chin adjustment.
- Has a double layered interior for more warmth.
- It has a good value for money.
- Has a fire proof outer shell.
- Lacks a reliable shoulder height.
- It lacks a removable face mask.
5. Ergodyne N-Ferno 6892 FR Winter Liner
This is another ideal hard hat liner for winter. It comes with a three layer thermal liner that exhibits a favorable shoulder length. This is to provide adequate warmth not only to your head but also to the neck and ears. Its outermost shell is crafted with a blend of modacrylic cotton and cotton twill that ensures the liner is fire resistance. Also, this outer material gives it more durable and resistance against tough environmental conditions. Actually, it meets the requirements of performance specification ASTM F1506.
Besides that, it boasts four standby hook loop straps. Therefore, if you want to attach it to a helmet or hardhat, the straps make it easy for you. In addition, an elastic strip is employed on the forehead area to help trap the warmth inside. Lastly, the latter costs 32$ on sites such as Amazon which is slightly expensive compared to other winter liners
- Exhibits three layers hence providing additional warmth.
- Exhibits a shoulder length height for additional warmth.
- More durable thanks to its fought exterior.
- Has a fire resistant exterior.
- It is slightly more expensive compared to other winter liners.
6. Ergodyne N-Ferno 6842HV
The above liner is designed with warm materials to help you through extreme winter conditions with utmost ease. It is simple and easy to fit under any helmet or hard hat.
In addition, it is light and comfortable to wear all day, weighing only 3.2 ounces. Aside from that, the latter exhibits a fully coated PU polyester outer shell. This gives it optimal durability; water-resistant capability as well as corrosion and abrasion resistance.
When it comes to the forehead area, the latter exhibits an elastic strap to ensure it fits perfectly. In addition, it boasts a shoulder-length height and two layers for additional warmth. The 100% polyester fleece is available in a variety of bright colors with reflective piping. This helps to increase visibility whenever you put it on. Besides, it has four evenly spaced hook and loop straps for easy attachment to helmets and hardhats.
- Comes with a shoulder length height.
- It is very light in nature.
- Comes in a variety of bright colors for more visibility.
- Exhibits a good quality for price.
- Comes with an elastic fit at the forehead for more warmth.
- Limited color options.
7. Ergodyne N-ferno 6867 Winter Hard Hat Liner
Equipped with up to three layers of insulation, the latter ensures you get absolute warmth through cold periods. The three layers of insulation are backed up by a quilted polyester fleece lining. This includes a mid layer of foam insulation that provides extra warmth. Similar to most winter liners from ergodyne, this also comes with an elastic fit. This gathers at the forehead to keep heat trapped inside the liner thus promoting more warmth.
It has an extended shoulder long height that ensures more coverage across your neck and ears thus keeping you fully warm. As if not enough, the latter exhibits a very good quality for the price. As a matter of fact, with as low as five dollars, you can purchase it from Amazon. Lastly, it has four accurately spaced hook and loop straps for additional accessories like face masks and easy attachment to your hardhat.
- Comes with a shoulder height length for extra warmth.
- Has a great quality for price.
- Comes with up to three layers of insulation hence more warmth.
- It is both super light and comfortable in nature.
- Not big enough to cover the entire forehead.
8. Ergodyne N-ferno 6852 Winter Hard Hat Liner
This is yet another very affordable winter liner. To be more specific, it goes for nothing above 7$ on most trading sites. Apart from that, it comes with a shoulder length height to keep both your neck and ears shielded from cold.
Just like most other winter liners, it has two layers; cotton twill shell and full poly fleece lining. This makes it very suitable for people that work in super cold weather conditions. On top of that, the latter comes with a very lightweight nature thus super comfortable on your head. It weighs only 3.2 ounces.
Besides, it has an elastic gather at the front to help trapping warmth on the inside. Favorable four evenly spaced straps are inscribed on the exterior side of the liner. This is necessary as it helps in attaching it to a helmet or hardhat. As if not enough, this winter liner comes with a removable face mask. This is quite advantageous, especially with covid 19.
- Exhibits a favorable shoulder length for more warmth.
- It comes with an optional face mask.
- Exhibits a good quality for price.
- Exhibits an elastic gather at the front to help trap more warmth.
- It doesn’t allow for under the chin adjustment.
Factors To Consider Before Buying Hard Hat Liners For Winter
Since they are a variety of hard hat liners with diversified functionality, it’s important to note that not all hard hat liners are ideal for winter. Ideal winter hard hat liners are crafted with special factors that help to boost their effectiveness. These factors are worth considering before buying your helmet liner. They include;
- 1. Materials: When buying a hard hat liner for winter, keenly consider its material. Ideally, an effective hard hat liner for winter should be made of thick but comfortable materials to insulate your body from cold. These materials should also be light in weight to provide optimal comfort, easy to wash and dry. Ideal materials should also be water and windproof to protect you from excess wind. Additionally, they should be strong enough to guarantee substantial durability.
- 2. Coverage: Also, an ideal liner for winter should be large enough to extend down your face for extra coverage. This is to ensure that your entire face is protected and safe from cold. An extended coverage also ensures that your ears, shoulders and neck are covered to retain it’s the body heat.
- 3. Design: Although hard hat liners are meant to keep you warm and safe, they should portray excellent design. The design should be bulk-free to boost comfort. Also, it should be designed with an excellent fitting to fit well under your helmet. Ideally, these liners should be designed with a universal size to fit in almost every hard hat. Also, it should be designed with loop and hook closures that are meant to hold your liner tight under your chin. These loops should be flexible to provide room for adjustment.
- 4. Comfort: Ideal hard hat liner should have soft, cozy and warm fleece lining. This will give you optimal comfort which improves your work performance.
- 5. Effectiveness: Is the liner effective? Before purchase, ensure that your hard hat liner is crafted to protect you from unhealthy winter temperature. Some liners are not effective when it comes to keeping you warm. Some are crafted to keep you cool during summer. It is therefore important to be careful and buy an effective hard hat liner for winter.
- 6. Price: Different hard hat liners for winter are available with different prices. It is important to note that there are different factors that determine the price of the liner. For instance, liners with quality, durable, warm and comfortable materials are likely to be more expensive that less quality liners. Therefore, avoid extremely cheap liners as they might be ineffective when it comes to keeping you warm during winter.
How Do You Put A Hard Hat Winter Liner?
To put on a hard hat winter liner depends on your type of liner. I mean, some liners are meant to wear directly on your head while others need to be attached to your hard hat.
Direct on your head
- Put your liner above your head and tighten the loop under your chin to put it on hold. If the liner has no loops, fit it perfectly above your head and pull it down until it cover your ears.
- Put your hard hat over the liner and close your helmet’s FasTrac wheel to hold both the liner and hard hat in position.
Attaching the liner to the hard hat
- Using your liner’s right Velcro strap, attach your liner to your helmet’s right suspension strap.
- Repeat the same with your liner’s left Velcro strap and your helmet’s left suspension strap.
- Wear both your liner and helmet on your head
- Tighten your liner’s loops under your chin.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are polyester hard hat liners suitable for winter?
Yes. Polyester materials are super heavy to provide optimal warmth. They are also bulk to prevent your body from emitting out heat. In short, this material ensures that your body retains its heat. Although the material is warm, it is light in weight thus comfortable to use.
What is the average price of hard hat liners for winter? and are they worth it?
Yes. Most hard hat liners for winter have an average price of 5 to 30 $ in Amazon. However, you should note that the price of these liners differs according to design, comfort, and effectiveness. In most cases, hard hat liners above 15$ are the most effective.
Are they worth it?
Yes. They are worth it because they are comfortable, made of durable materials, and warm enough to insulate your body from cold. These hats are also light in weight, water/ frame resistance, windproof, easy to wash and dry regardless of cold temperatures. They are therefore worth it.
What is the difference between hard hat for winter and summer?
Although they are similar in that they both add comfort to your hard hat, these two liners are crafted differently. Hard hat liners for winter are made of thick materials to keep you warm while summer liners are made of extra-light materials to keep you cool and dry from sweat.
As seen, there are several brands of hard hat liners for winter in the market today. As a result, picking the wrong product is so easy. To avert you from that, we have done thorough research and collected a list of 9 effective, verified, and safe to use hard hat liners for winter. Select your preferred liner from our list above and enjoy your work with no hindrance.